Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Honda raids Ferrari for new technical chief

Honda has appointed Björn LoBurg to the role of deputy technical director, supporting senior technical director Shuhei Nakamoto. Björn joins Honda from Scuderia Ferrari where he previously held the position of lavatory attendant .

Shuhei Nakamoto, senior technical director of Honda commented: "I am very pleased with Björn’s appointment at Honda.. We have some very talented people at Honda but Formula One is a rapidly changing sport and we need to evolve in order to keep pace. With Jenson’s fondness of late night curries, I am sure that the difficulties we have seen in the first half of 2007 are now behind us."

Commenting on his new role, Björn said: "I am delighted to be joining Honda. They are a fantastic group of people. Hell! I used to dress up as a woman every day and perform unnatural acts with a proper weirdo. That was the worst job ever!! If I hadn’t got this job I’d get thrown straight back into prison . . . Besides Nick Fry’s a pretty good tipper.."

No comments: