Friday, August 24, 2007

Biography not 'sex' book claims Coulthard

David Coulthard spoke at Istanbul Park on Thursday about his recently released autobiography, ‘It is What It Is’. The book charts Coulthard’s rise from humble origins in a rural Scottish village to a life of fame and fortune. With photography by Steven Meisel Studio and film frames shot by Fabien Baron - who worked on Madonna’s ‘Sex’ book - comparisons have been made with the pop star’s controversial coffee table piece.

“I think the controversy stems from a photo of me kneeling on the ground with my dog underneath me on its back”, explained a defensive Coulthard. “..creating the impression that I’m straddling the animal. However, should one look closely at the photograph, one will see that I’m is not straddling the dog's head at all, but rather kneeling on both knees beside the dog.. It's fairly obvious.. really.."

David Coulthard’s autobiography, It is What It Is, is on sale now, price £18.99, published by Orion.

No comments: